The Glenn County Air Pollution Control District is the Administering Agency of the Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA) for Glenn County.
The Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA) is responsible for implementing a unified hazardous materials and hazardous waste management regulatory program. The agency provides oversight of the six state-mandated programs:
1. Hazardous Material Business Plan (HMBP) / Area Plan Program
2. California Accidental Release Prevention Program (CalARP)
3. Underground Storage Tank Program (UST)
4. Aboveground Petroleum Storage Tank Program (APSA)
5. Hazardous Waste Generator / Tiered Permitting Program
6. Hazardous Material Management Plan / Hazardous Material Inventory Statement Program
Program Compliance is achieved through routine inspections of all regulated facilities, and investigation of citizen based complaints and inquiries regarding improper handling and/or disposal of hazardous materials and/or hazardous wastes.
All regulated businesses must report their Hazardous Materials Business Plan (HMBP) electronically, using the California Environmental Reporting System (CERS).