August Comlex Fire Update 8-20-20
August 20th Evening Update
The August Complex Fires in western Glenn County are managed by both US Forest Service and Cal-Fire. Glenn County Sheriff’s Office, in coordination with the fire agencies, are modifying the current evacuation areas to as follows effective immediately:
Mendocino National Forest (Forest Closure)
- From Forest Boundary line in Glenn County, west to Mendocino County
Area of Newville (County Rd 200) from County Road 306, west to Forest Boundary
- From Tehama County Line, south to Burrows gap
Evacuation Order Area is closed to non-responders. Residents should leave the area and should not return until the area the Order is removed.
Area of Burrows Gap south to County Road 308 in Elk Creek
From the Forest Boundary East to County Road 306
- This includes the communities of Elk Creek, Chrome, and Grindstone Rancheria
- From the Forest Boundary East to County Road 306
Newville from County Road 306 East to Black Butte Lake
- From Country Road 200 south to Burrows Gap
Residents in an Evacuation Warning Area may return to their homes, however, should remain alert and prepared should the conditions change.
County Road 306 is CLOSED to non-resident traffic. Responders and residents are the only people permitted to use this roadway at this time.
- SR 162: East of County Rd 306 (open to residents & responders only)
- County Rd 306: South of County Rd 308 to Colusa County line (closed to non-responders)
- County Rd 306: from County Rd 200 south to County Rd 308 (open to residents & responders only)
- County Rd 200: from County Rd 306 to west (closed to non-responders)
- County Rd 308: from County Rd 306 to West End (closed to non-responders)
A Temporary Evacuation Point provides sheltering assistance. It is open 7 am to 7 pm at Willows City Hall 201 N Lassen St. Willows, CA 95988. Assistance is available after hours by contacting Glenn County Sheriff’s Office dispatch at 530-934-6431.This evacuation site is jointly staffed by Glenn County Health & Human Services Agency and American Red Cross.
An Animal Shelter is open at the Glenn County Fairgrounds 221 E Yolo St. Orland, CA 95963. It is staffed by Glenn County Sheriff’s Office Animal Control staff and local volunteers. If you need animal sheltering assistance, please contact 530-720-7152.
For more information, contact the Glenn County Sheriff’s Office at 934-6441, visit our website: www.countyofglenn.net/sheriff or access us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/glenncountysheriff or Call 2-1-1. For Fire information from Cal-Fire call 530-538-7826 or go to www.fire.ca.gov . For USFS Fire information: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6983/