Tenant Notice - Airport Lease Agreement Revisions
TO: ALL INTERESTED PARTIES
FROM: DONALD RUST, AIRPORT MANAGER
DATE: JULY 13, 2023
SUBJECT: AIRPORT LEASE AGREEMENT REVISIONS
The Willows-Glenn County Airport and Orland Haigh Field Airport (Airports) currently have multiple forms of Land Lease Agreements with tenants that are outdated and no longer meet the Airport’s needs.
The proposed revised draft lease agreements, adds, improves, or clarifies numerous provisions, the revisions also remove obsolete requirements, reflect current requirements and practices, and conform to County and Federal Aircraft Administration (FAA) rules and regulations, including;
1. Compliance with Evolving Regulations; The aviation industry is subject to ever-changing regulations at the federal, state, and local levels. It is imperative that our lease agreements reflect these evolving requirements to ensure compliance and maintain the highest standards of safety and operation efficiency. By updating our lease agreements, we can align our practices with current regulatory guidelines and maintain safe airport operations.
2. Standardization and Consistency; Over time, our lease agreements have accumulated variations, discrepancies, and outdated provisions. This lack of standardization can lead to confusion and inconsistency in lease terms and conditions. By updating the lease agreements, we can establish a unified, standardized framework that ensures clarity, fairness, and consistently in lease terms for tenants.
Draft copies of the leases can be viewed:
- online at: https://www.countyofglenn.net/news/public-information-public-notice/20230710/proposed-draft-airport-leases
- by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
- or can be picked up at the Public Works Agency office at 777 North Colusa Street, Willows, CA.
Approval of the proposed lease agreements requires the Board of Supervisors approval.
All interested parties are encouraged to attend the Board of Supervisors meeting on August 15, 2023 at 9:05 am.
If you have any questions, please contact Public Works at (530) 934-6530 or by email at email@example.com.