It is the mission of the Glenn County Probation Department to provide cost effective services to the community that promotes the safety and protection of citizens by holding offenders accountable in a manner that respects the rights and dignity of the individual by guiding and shaping pro-social behavior through the judicious application of sanctions and services to help offenders acquire the proper skills to facilitate their rehabilitation into law abiding, contributing members of society.
- That human beings are capable of change and that it is the probation officer’s responsibility to deliver services with integrity and in a manner that is respectful to the rights and dignity of the individual being supervised.
- Victims have the right to be heard, protected, and justly compensated for their losses.
- Safety for the community is best achieved by a careful balance between enforcement activity and supportive individual casework.
- Constant vigilance will be maintained in finding and developing innovative, evidence based, cost effective correctional programs for offender rehabilitation.
- Developing and encouraging collaborative partnerships with outside referral agencies is integral to providing quality service to offenders and the community.